Emirates crew can import flight schedules through the FOIP and FTR airline interfaces :
Download your planned roster and historical data straight from the Emirates FOIP webportal. The interface retrieves all events from your roster, including simulator training, ground duties and off-days.
Pilots reported that the aircraft registration appears often missing for historical flights. The issue is inherent to the FOIP webportal, it's out of our control. As a workaround, import the FTR file (see below).
Training Codes are being processed by CrewLounge and converted into Instructor & Examiner time.
The FOIP interface is available from the mobile apps only.
Some crew members reported issues with establishing connection with our Cloud Server. Typically for the UAE, this issue is often caused by restriction through your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Try again by using a VPN connection.
When establishing the connection with FOIP, you must approve the sign-in request from Microsoft Authenticator.
As soon as you receive the notification (as shown in the image below), you must :
- switch to the AUTHENTICATOR app on your phone
- approve the sign-in request
- come back to your CREWLOUNGE app
After which the CrewLounge app will continue automatically with the login process. You will see the message "Working on it..." appear after a few seconds.
Some crew members reported that the CREWLOUNGE app does not continue automatically after approving the sign-in through the MS Authenticator. Investigation revealed that this issue is caused by a conflict in the AUTHENTICATOR process.
If you notice that the CREWLOUNGE app stalls at 20% for longer than 30 seconds, simply click the red CANCEL button (shown in the image below) and restart the process.
Download your FLIGHT CREW RECORDS - Flight Time Report (FTR) excel XLS sheet from the Emirates FOIP webportal, and save the file to your desktop or mobile.
Next, use the off-line import function from CrewLounge PILOTLOG (desktop) to import the XLS file. You could also "share" the file with the mobile app.
This FTR file provides the following flight data :
- aircraft model and registration number
- pilot names (no cabin crew)
- training codes (instructor time, examiner time)
- task PF/PM (pilot flying, pilot monitoring)
- relief hours (block time - stick time)
The FTR contains flight data only, it does not contain historical data for simulator or other ground duties.
Stick time is automatically converted into Relief time, as follows :
- CrewLounge PILOTLOG considers Relief Time the time that you are not at the controls (thus, the opposite of Stick Time)
- on the Flight Config page, enable the field Relief Time
- on the Tables - Aircraft page, select Autoload Relief for all EK aircraft (you can use the mass-edit function on the desktop)
- when importing your FTR flight time records, the Relief Time field is automatically set to Block Time - Stick Time
Read more about :
Combine FOIP with FTR
You can combine any interface (FOIP and FTR) on any device (mobile and desktop) in any app (CONNECT - PILOTLOG) in any order (first / next)... All data is seamlessly exchanged with other apps on all platforms!
We suggest the following combination :
- CrewLounge CONNECT mobile app :
- download your Planned Roster using the FOIP online interface - Planned Roster
- export events to the external calendar on your phone
- CrewLounge PILOTLOG mobile app :
- download Historical Data using the FOIP online interface - Historical Data, to retrieve actual block hours and simulator data
- CrewLounge PILOTLOG desktop program :
- download the FTR file from FOIP
- import the FTR file using the off-line airline interface in order to complete your logbook with aircraft registration, PF/PM and Relief hours.
Any other combination will also work. Choose whatever solution works best for you!