Pilots at Wheels Up (Mountain Aviation, Gama Aviation Signature) can import the company Voyage Report straight into their personal pilot logbook with CrewLounge PILOTLOG.
How to import the PDF?
You can install CrewLounge PILOTLOG on the company iPad, or you can use your personal device (iOS, Android, Windows, Mac).
Open the CrewLounge PILOTLOG app:
1) on the Settings - Airline page, select the Wheels Up interface
- fill-out the different settings that come with this interface
2) on the same page in the Import Events section, make sure that Historical Data is turned On for Flights (and Duty - optional)
- if you run CrewLounge PILOTLOG on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, Mac, PC) then verify the settings on ALL your devices (just to make sure that everything got synched)
3) on the Pilot List page, edit pilot SELF and insert your company 4-letter code as Employee ID
- omitting this step may result in your name and Pilot SELF both being listed on the same flight. Continue with this article (read here) to clean-up your logs.
4) on the Settings - Flight Logging page, select AUTO LOAD TASK = "Airline interface / EFB"
- this setting allows to retrieve PF/PM from the report and calculate Takeoff-Landing accordingly
5) on the Flight - Config page, you can optionally enable the TYPE OF OPERATION field
- if this field is enabled, the interface will automatically insert PART91 or PART135 from the Voyage Report.
6) you may also want to read the following solution articles to configure auto-load of function times:
Different import methods
You can import your EFB data in 3 different ways!
All methods require internet access. You cannot share your data with CrewLounge PILOTLOG offline. Batch import (multiple files at a time) is not possible, you must share or email the files one-by-one.
Choose the method that is most convenient for you. Here is an overview, the details are outlined further down in this article.
Forward the email with PDF attachment to the dedicated CrewLounge EFB Inbox. This method is fully automatic, no buttons to click inside the app!
Read more about the EFB Inbox method below.
Upload the PDF file to My CrewLounge, using the Safari browser on your company iPad. The web method is useful for company iPads that don't allow installing third-party apps and/or sending emails outside of the corporate domain.
Read more about the EFB Web method below.
Share the PDF file from the company email to the CrewLounge PILOTLOG app, installed on the company iPad or your personal device.
If you prefer not installing CrewLounge PILOTLOG on your company iPad, you can AirDrop (iOS, MacOS) or SnapDrop (Android, Windows PC) the PDF file to your personal device, and then import the PDF file with the CrewLounge PILOTLOG app installed on that device.
Read more about the EFB Share method below.
How does EFB Inbox work?
It couldn't be easier:
Forward the company email with PDF attachment to our EFB Inbox
- the email subject can be just anything or can be left blank
- your email is processed within 90 seconds
- you receive an automatic confirmation email
- the flights automatically sync to your CrewLounge PILOTLOG app
Send your emails with PDF attachment to the following dedicated EFB Inbox:
You can send emails from any email address. However, if the Sender address is different from your CrewLounge AERO account email, you must first insert the Sender address in My CrewLounge - My Profile - Airline Interface - EFB Inbox (login here)
You can configure your mailbox to automatically forward all company Voyage Reports emails to the EFB Inbox. Make sure to set a filter and forward only emails having "Voyage" in the Subject.
How does EFB Web work?
If you are unable to forward company emails or share data, you may want to use the EFB Web method. This method is very simple:
On the company iPad
1) Save the PDF attachament from the company email to your device.
2) Open Safari / Chrome and login to My CrewLounge (login here)
3) Go to Roster - Upload Roster
4) Select EFB - Voyage Report for the 'Type of Roster File' item on the right, and complete the other fields, such as your Home Base.
5) Browse the PDF file and press the CONVERT button
To import multiple reports, press the CLEAR button and repeat steps 1) and 5) for the next trip.
How does EFB Share work?
Use this method on any iOS/Android mobile device on which you have the CrewLounge PILOTLOG app installed.
1) Open the PDF attachment from your company email and press the Share icon
2) Select Crewlounge PILOTLOG from the app list
3) The CrewLounge PILOTLOG app opens. Press the CONVERT button to process your EFB data.