CrewLounge PILOTLOG retrieves live flight information through various ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) and ASDI (Aircraft Situation Display to Industry) data sources.
Tap the ADS-B button on the Flight Add/Edit page to open the ADS-B Live Data page. If you do not see that button, activate ADS-B from the Settings – Flight Logging page. ADS-B is not available from the desktop app.
As soon as you reach the gate after landing, you can retrieve actual OOOI (OUT/OFF/ON/IN) hours, scheduled hours and aircraft model & registration for your flight. Simply hit the Get ADS-B button and all hours go straight in your logbook!
- You can run CrewLounge PILOTLOG in UTC, LOCAL or BASE time mode. To access the ADS-B network, the date must be UTC. If you run the app in LOCAL or BASE, you can continue doing so. The date on the Flight Add/Edit page can be in any mode (UTC, LOCAL, BASE). However, the date on the ADS-B Live Data page must be the departure date in UTC !
- If your flight was scheduled to depart before midnight UTC, but your actual OUT time was delayed until after midnight UTC, the date on the ADS-B Live Data page must be the scheduled departure date or (for non-scheduled flights) the date mentioned on the flight plan!
- Live data is available for the past 7 days only. We plan to extend this module with historical data, back to the Year 2006.
ADS-B Live Data is available in all plans of CrewLounge PILOTLOG, including the free Student edition. The ADS-B function is for personal use only. You may not redistribute, publish or resell this data.
ADS-B Live Data is a free service to all pilots using CrewLounge PILOTLOG. Accessing the ADS-B network is expensive (we pay a monthly fee + charge per call). We must therefore limit the number of calls per user account:
|License Plan||Maximum number|
|Student (STD)||10 free calls per calendar month|
|Entreprise (ENT)||30 free calls per calendar month|
|Entreprise Plus (ENT+)||60 free calls per calendar month|
You can follow-up on your personal counter
via My CrewLounge - My Orders (here)
- Each time you tap the Get ADS-B button counts as 1 call. This includes failed calls (e.g. invalid flight number, wrong date, etc.) and incomplete calls (data not available).
- There is a minor delay on the processing of live data, up to 120 seconds. We recommend you to wait at least 3 minutes after your gate arrival to obtain actual block hours (IN time). If you call to early, you get the estimated arrival times.
- The ADS-B function is disabled for your account when you reach the monthly limit. Your personal counter is reset on the 1st day of the next month, at midnight UTC.
- We hold the right the further limit the number of calls in the future, or terminate this service, or charge per call.