CrewLounge PILOTLOG retrieves live flight information through various ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) and ASDI (Aircraft Situation Display to Industry) data sources.
Tap the ADS-B button on the Flight Add/Edit page to open the ADS-B Live Data page. If you do not see that button, activate ADS-B from the Settings – Flight Logging page. ADS-B is not available from the desktop app.
As soon as you reach the gate after landing, you can retrieve actual OOOI (OUT/OFF/ON/IN) hours, scheduled hours and aircraft model & registration for your flight. Simply hit the Get ADS-B button and all hours go straight in your logbook!
- You can run CrewLounge PILOTLOG in UTC, LOCAL or BASE time mode. To access the ADS-B network, the date must be UTC. If you run the app in LOCAL or BASE, you can continue doing so. The date on the Flight Add/Edit page can be in any mode (UTC, LOCAL, BASE). However, the date on the ADS-B Live Data page must be the departure date in UTC !
- If your flight was scheduled to depart before midnight UTC, but your actual OUT time was delayed until after midnight UTC, the date on the ADS-B Live Data page must be the scheduled departure date or (for non-scheduled flights) the date mentioned on the flight plan!
- Live data is available for the past 7 days only.
ADS-B Live Data is available in all plans of CrewLounge PILOTLOG, including the free Student edition. The ADS-B function is for personal use only. You may not redistribute, publish or resell this data.
ADS-B Live Data is a free service to all pilots using CrewLounge PILOTLOG.
Accessing the ADS-B network is expensive. We are being charged a monthly fee + pay per call. Since we offer this service totally free of charge, we must limit the number of calls per user:
|License Plan||Maximum number|
|Student (STD)||10 free calls per calendar month|
|Entreprise (ENT)||30 free calls per calendar month|
|Entreprise Plus (ENT+)||60 free calls per calendar month|
You can follow-up on your personal counter
via My CrewLounge - My Orders (here)
- Each time you tap the Get ADS-B button counts as 1 call. This includes failed calls (e.g. invalid flight number, wrong date, etc.) and incomplete calls (data not available).
- There is a minor delay on the processing of live data, up to 120 seconds. We recommend you to wait at least 3 minutes after your gate arrival to obtain actual block hours (IN time). If you call to early, you get the estimated arrival times.
- The ADS-B function is disabled for your account when you reach the monthly limit. Your personal counter is reset at midnight UTC on the 1st day of the next calendar month.
- We hold the right the further limit the number of calls in the future, terminate this service, or charge per call (the latter with prior notice).
ADS-B cannot find my flight
The CrewLounge PILOTLOG ADS-B module aggregates airline schedules, airport and positional data from over 600 sources. Each day, we have access to millions of flight status and positional updates!
We have more than 90% worldcoverage of the Top 250 carriers. Published airline schedules are the base reference for our database. If you operate non-scheduled, ad-hoc, taxi, ferry or military flights, you may not find the flight through our system, even if your aircraft is equipped with ADS-B.
If CrewLounge PILOTLOG cannot find your flight, check the following:
- The flight number or the airline code is incorrect (ICAO / IATA)
- The flight number may have been changed (commercial code share)
- The flight may not operate on the date requested (scheduled date UTC)
- The flight may actually be operated by another airline (operated by)
- The flight may be a charter flight, a non-scheduled flight, or a ferry flight
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article