This error message may show when attempting to run the installer package for PILOTLOG.
The issue is caused by your Mac's "launch services database". You can rectify this issue as outlined below.
1) Download the Mono framework from our website (here).
After download, you find the Installer package, located on the desktop or in the Download folder
2) Go to File > Get Info
3) In the "Open with" section, verify that the proper program is showing :
- For "MonoFramework...pkg" - it should say "Installer"
- For "XQuartz....dmg" - it should say "DiskImageMounter" (see below for XQuartz)
4) If the "Open with" program is not properly configured, pull down the "Open with" section and click on "Other..."
5) In the new window that opens, navigate to > System (at the top level of your boot volume) > Library > CoreServices
6) Pick the appropriate program as described in Step 3) and continue with "Add" :
7) Press the "Change All" button to continue :
Repeat steps 1) through 7) for XQuartz
The XQuartz file is provided as .dmg file. A .dmg file is kind of like an USB stick in a file and can be handled more or less the same way. To install from a .dmg file you usually do the following :
- double click the .dmg to make its content available (name will show up in the Finder sidebar), usually a window opens showing the content as well
- drag the application from the .dmg window into /Applications to install (may need an administrator password)
- wait for the copy process to finish
- eject the .dmg (by clicking the eject button in the Sidebar)
- delete the .dmg from Downloads