There are various ways for importing your previous flying experience, when starting with CrewLounge PILOTLOG. This solution article explains the different methods that you can use:
Changing seats along your career
If you are importing previous experience and you have swapped seats in that period of time, FUNCTION TIME is imported as follows :
- if flight hours for Captain and First Officer are listed in separate columns in the data source (your excel sheet, other software database output, airline interface import), CrewLounge PILOTLOG imports Function time accordingly
- if the data source does not specify Function time, but only Total time, CrewLounge PILOTLOG imports Function Time according to the Autoload default for each individual aircraft registration (read more).
In the event that the aircraft registration is unknown in your database, the import wizard automatically creates a new aircraft and the Autoload for that aircraft is set to the default from the app Settings - Flight Logging page.
You read this article PRIOR TO import
If you have control over the data source, the best way is to edit the data and insert separate columns for TIME_PIC and TIME_SIC. Copy (duplicate) Total Time inside those columns, as applicable. (read more)
Another working method (more cumbersome) is to create 2 data sets : one data set are all hours as First Officer, the other data set are all hours as captain. Assuming that the data source does not specify Function Time, you would then import as follows :
- on the Settings page, select Co-pilot
- on the Tables page, set Autoload to Co-Pilot for all aircraft in the database (*)
- on the Tools page, import data set 1
- on the Settings page, select Captain
- on the Tables page, set Autoload to Captain for all aircraft in the database (*)
- on the Tools page, import data set 2
(*) you can mass edit all aircraft with a single click (read here)
You read this article AFTER import
You have imported all records and you find out that Function time does not reflect your seat swap. No worry, we can fix it!
On the Flights page, mass-select the records that must be changed. You can move Co-Pilot time to Captain (or the other way) by choosing the "Transfer X to Y time" function (read here)