Pilots at Jet2.com UK can use any of the following 2 methods to import flights :
- Sabre CWP (on-line): the CONNECT and PILOTLOG apps connect straight to the Sabre CWP portal. Import your planned roster and historical data with a single tap of the button.
- EFOS WEB (efb) : PILOTLOG imports your Journey Log EFB files (continue reading here below)
How to import EFOS
1) Forward the EFOS emails that you receive from the company to the following EFB Inbox :
- you will not get any confirmation email
- you can send EFOS emails in any date order
- you can email from your company mailbox or from any other private email account
- it may take up to 15 minutes before your EFB email is processed
The EFOS journey log updates the flight records for all pilots on the flight ! Only one pilot must forward the EFOS email to our EFB Inbox, there is no need for the other pilots to forward the same email too.
Sending the same EFOS email more than once, either by the same or by different pilots of the crew, does not result in double data. It will however overwrite any changes that you had made to the records in your PILOTLOG logbook.
You can configure your mailbox to automatically forward all company email reports to our EFB Inbox. Follow these guidelines :
Do not use the EFB Inbox for any other purpose. The inbox is monitored against abuse and protected against malware. You cannot use that email address to contact CrewLounge SUPPORT.
2) In the PILOTLOG app (desktop, mobile), select the Jet2.com EFB (EFOS) interface on the Settings - Airline Interface page.
3) On the Airline page, hit the Start button...
- it may take up to 15 minutes before your EFB emails become visible to PILOTLOG
- flight data for which there is no dedicated input field in PILOTLOG will be stored in the Flight Report section