THIS SOLUTION IS ABOUT mccPILOTLOG - DO NOT USE FOR CrewLounge PILOTLOG
mccPILOTLOG with the update mechanism, has the functionality that Heuristic analysis of virus scanners is going to trigger.
Some customers are reporting that they are now unable to launch mccPILOTLOG version 4.0 on their Windows machines. Investigation shows that this happening with systems who had Kaspersky, Norton, Windows Defender (default by Windows), Bitdefender, Avast (and maybe more) software installed.
To fix the issue, two things has to be done:
- Transfer application directory from drive C %Appdata% to drive D:\mccPILOTLOG or C:\mccPILOTLOG or any available disk except AppData
- Add mccPILOTLOG new directory to antivirus exclusion list.
Follow the steps below to proceed with the solution:
Transfer mccPILOTLOG from C to D drive:
- Copy this on your File Explorer: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming
- Look for mccPILOTLOG and cut the entire folder
You can do this by pressing CTRL + X on your keyboard
- Navigate to your D: drive or other location
- Paste the logbook application folder
You can do this by pressing CTRL + V on your keyboard
- Double check mccPILOTLOG folder content if mccPILOTLOG.exe exist, otherwise. Take a look at the following solutions to download it again:
mccPILOTLOG.exe is missing
- Use mccSTARTUP.exe and send a shortcut to your desktop for easy access
Enable mccPILOTLOG on Antivirus Exclusion List
Steps may matter depending on Antivirus vendor:
- Add an exclusion to Windows Defender
- Add an exclusion to Norton
- Add an exclusion to Kaspersky
- Add an exclusion to Avast
- Add an exclusion to Bitdefender