THIS SOLUTION IS ABOUT mccPILOTLOG - DO NOT USE FOR CrewLounge PILOTLOG
Applies to :
- mccPILOTLOG requires Administrator Rights to install new updates
- mccPILOTLOG requires Full Control to the Application Data directory
Even if you do have administrator privileges as the owner of your own computer, you still need to elevate the UAC (User Account Control) in order to install new updates or to by-pass some fire-walls, anti-virus restrictions, etc.
To run mccPILOTLOG with administrator rights, right-mouse click on the desktop icon and choose "Run as administrator" :
You will be prompted by Windows :
or with blue header color, or as follows :
It may happen that you are prompted with the UAC on every start of mccPILOTLOG, even if you did not right-mouse click the desktop icon. To avoid this (rather annoying) pop-up, you can either change your UAC security policy or add mccPILOTLOG to your UAC white list :
Note : changes to the UAC affect all application on your computer
Note : see this article for the correct file name that should be white-listed
Make sure your Windows User Account has full control over the Application Data directory...
Do the following steps :
1) Open the Windows File Explorer (or 'My Computer')
2) Copy and paste this on your address bar : C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming (read this article to find the correct folder)
3) Right-Click the mccPILOTLOG folder and select Properties from the pop-up menu
4) Click on the Security tab
5) Click Edit below the the list, then click Add
6) Type in the Windows Username you have given or the e-mail address if you associated your account with your Microsoft account, and click OK
7) Select the added account from the list and tick 'full control' box under 'Permissions for USERNAME'
8) Click OK to save the changes
9) Click OK once again to close the Properties
More guidelines are available from the following website :